The purpose of ANIA is to advance nursing informatics through education, research, and practice in all roles and settings.
Goal: ANIA will provide quality informatics nursing educational opportunities.
- Deliver relevant and meaningful education using a variety of venues and delivery methods
- Provide value to our members with Nursing Continuing Professional Development (NCPD) opportunities
- Utilize member feedback and committee input when developing educational offerings
- Support member attendance at conference through scholarship opportunities
- Provide contact hours for qualified educational activities
- Conduct at least ten webinars annually
- Support ANIA Chapter educational activities
- Collaborate with professional organizations (ex: ANA, AONL, AMIA, HIMSS, State Nursing Organizations) to provide informatics education
Goal: ANIA will support and share informatics nursing research and evidence-based practice (EBP).
- Disseminate informatics nursing research and EBP
- Foster and promote research and EBP
- Promote sharing research and EBP through a variety of modalities
- Mentor members in the scholarly sharing of informatics knowledge
- Expand the role of the Research/EBP Committee
Goal: ANIA will advance informatics nursing practice through professional activities.
- Monitor health IT initiatives to promptly identify and address key issues influencing informatics nursing
- Collaborate with nursing, informatics, and healthcare communities regarding policy
- Provide leadership and development opportunities for ANIA members
- Develop a task force of volunteers to interpret and respond to informatics related issues as needed
- Provide mentoring resources
- Communicate regulatory and policy issues to members
- Facilitate methodologies for members to provide feedback on regulatory and policy issues